Davao Fashion and Design Council Foundation, Inc. (DFDCFI) will officially represent Region XI at the first ever BIMP-EAGA BUDAYAW Festival of Cultures Fashion Show. DFDCFI’s curated 10-piece collection will interpret the creative diversity of BIMP-EAGA at Budayaw’s Southern Weaves Fashion Fair. Two shows will be held at the KCC Convention Center on, during the invitational hosted dinner, and on the 21st in a special show at in the afternoon. DFDCFI’s collection highlights the fusion of culturally-inspired aesthetics and local artistry combined with global fashion technology.
Budayaw’s theme “Taking Pride in the Creative Diversity of the BIMP-EAGA Region,” aptly describes the multi-dimensional and multi-disciplinary festival of arts and culture of the ASEAN and the East-Asian Growth Area (Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines). The event shall also commemorate the fiftieth founding anniversary of the ASEAN.
From, in General Santos City and Sarangani Province, more than three hundred (300) contemporary artists and indigenous cultural masters from the BIMP-EAGA will converge in the five (5) day festival of culture and the arts to celebrate the creative diversity of the region to:
- Showcase the diversity of creative expressions of the cultural masters and artists from the BIMP-EAGA region;
- Raise public awareness and appreciation on the landscapes and aspirations of peoples of the region;
- Foster understanding and solidarity among the multi-cultural populations of the BIMP-EAGA;
- Mainstream a banner event in Culture-Tourism in Mindanao;
- Locate areas for convergence in expanding people-to-people linkages and exchanges with the BIMP-EAGA
The creative works of cultural masters, artists and cultural practitioners coming from the four countries are simultaneously showcased in various venues (indoor and outdoor) within the City of General Santos and outreach performance-concerts in the Province of Sarangani.